Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I took a leave of absence.....

See what happens when you disappear?!?! You can come back with such news as "I had a baby"....although I did announce the pregnancy, so no shocker there. We all know the end result. She's here, nonetheless. She came in a fury. One month early, ass to the world calling for none other than an emergency c-section and faked her preemie status as "good" only to end up back in the NICU for 7 days with "failure to thrive". Yep, she's good to go now and our world is crazy. Crazier than the Instigator and the Silent Assassin you ask?!?! Oh yes, we've added to our chaos. This world of three kids is nonstop. Do ask yourself if you're ready for that if you're contemplating adding another being to your brood. People tried to tell me. But it's like trying to tell me not to eat that last piece of cake. I don't listen. Unlike cake, however, I don't regret this.....can't call it a choice because she was a big ole surprise, but I don't regret that night of too much wine. Anyhoo, so here we are. Three kids, two dogs, one cat and a partridge in a pear tree. I regret not blogging more earlier, there certainly has been enough to write about. Like today for example. I'm a walking Zombie, which is really good for me since Zombies are so "in" right now. Hopefully I'm doing it justice. The "insert name here" was up all night. I shoved one off to school and have been trying ever since for her to go back down so that I can nap. I came close, twice, but it was just a cruel joke she was playing. The kid sleeps with one eye open. I'm not kidding, she literally does, and I think it's for the simple pleasure of torturing me. It's like her periscope on a submarine.....I can just hear that alert going off in her head "mom's trying to sit, go, go, go....."......and bam, WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! It happens all day and during any nap or meal times. Hey, she has been a great weight loss technique. And the silent assasin is home with me, which may I point out is no longer "silent" by any means. She was removed from preschool to stay home with me and as her sister said, has no friends, so today she played hide n seek with the family a-hole dog. Granted, I was laughing, but I didn't want to. Laughter is not the best medicine today as I wanted to wallow in my own self pity. Must.get.sleep. About the time I did get her to really take a nap, which I'll regret come 2 am, it's time to start on dinner. So here I am, waiting on my dinner to simmer so that I may move onto step 2 of the ham soup I decided on making today, blogging instead of napping. I've really become a fan of makeup lately. It covers the darkest of circles. And wine, I was reunited with my buddy wine......reunited, and it feels sooooo good. Anyway, glad to be back. Stick around. It's going to be a bumpy ride. Oh, and perhaps you can help me give this one a name. Any suggestions? The Instigator, the Silent Assassin and the......

No comments:

Post a Comment