Monday, February 7, 2011

Privacy, what's that?

What is it about the bathroom or shower that screams "kids, come in here"? Hi, I'm Alison and I haven't peed alone in nearly 5 years. What's a girl gotta do to get some privacy? We have had talks about it, I have locked doors, I have screamed and yelled, but do I get 5 minutes to shave or a short 30 second trip to go to the bathroom? Not without kids I don't. What was I thinking. I really didn't even notice how much of any issue this was until my girls spent the night at my Brother's house one time. My Sister-in-law pointed out how she was trailed into the bathroom and flat out said "I don't need help" and around they turned and walked out. What the. Seriously, I have said that! I just want some "pee peace". It's a new word. Spread it around. I'm quite sure there are a lot of other Mom's who would love some. And don't even get me started on shower time. We have a glass shower. There is absolutely no privacy. I shut the doors and go as quickly as possible, but about the time I'm applying the conditioner, I hear them opening. And then shut, then open, then shut, then open.....Sophia thinks French doors are fun! How can a hot bath ever be relaxing to that sound? *open, shut, open, shut, open......STOP IT!!!!!!!! I, again, should say that I'm thankful to have these little disturbances, but gone are the days when I could do anything in peace. I mean, I thought that when I had my last child (or so I thought would be my last) that I'd only have to be violated once a year, you know, at that fun Dr. all women love to visit annually. But no, just have yourself some children and you throw that right, right out the window. And let me also note that it seems to get worse once they start with playdates. Last week I oh so naively thought that because there was a friend over that I'd be able to sneak away to have that pee peace I so desperately long for, boy was I wrong. Instead what happened was I hear the little voices getting closer and closer. I open the door and bam, little faces, including that of "the friend" who was over. YIKES! I need a door sign that is age appropriate and means, "turn yourself around and go back to where you came from" when they hit the doorway!

No comments:

Post a Comment