Thursday, April 7, 2011

Save the drama for your mama....

Oh how I'm shocked at how girl drama has already started. Two girls = great fun, three girls = catty drama. I realize I cannot be a helicopter parent, nor would I ever want to be. Typically my motto is "let them work it out", but seeing the sad little face of a little one with hurt feelings kills me. I hate thinking about next year. This Kindergarten stuff is really hitting me. She's going off into the world of public school, or school period (not her sheltered Christian Preschool) and no longer in my safe bubble. I am now entering into a world of catty-ness for the next, oh, 15 years?!?! Yuck yuck yuck. I don't recall it starting with me until I was probably 9 or 10. Of course, now they start dating at that age right!!?!?! My how things change. And my how things look so different being the parent and not the kid. I'd like to wrap them up in my bubble and keep them safe forever. Ho hum. I can only hope that I have equipped her with the right skills to walk away and be strong enough to deal with, well, life. You know what I mean girls, we're still in this catty "phase" and from what I'm told by older women, it doesn't get much better. Terrible. I used to do a thought of the day (TOTD) and I believe now I will start a prayer of the day (POTD). So here goes it.....

POTD:
Matthew 5:44-45
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment