Monday, July 18, 2011

Snakes in the grass...

Oh this was not so funny until after I got to thinking about it. We got a puppy, a 5 month old Shih Tzu appropriately named "Jeter". I failed to blog about him, but don't worry, he shall soon be added because he's about as funny as these kiddo's. So today we took him outside to do his business. As he's roaming around the Silent Assassin in true silent assassin form, escapes to the side of the yard. The AC unit is over there with rocks and all kinds of things that could be bad for kiddo's. So I head over there to say get outta there and come inside, after all, we're still in jammies and had no shoes on. (shhhh don't tell Dave) And as I'm saying this Rylee, who we all know as the Instigator but should be renamed Rylee the Dramatic, starts screaming "RAINBOW SNAKE!" Let me side note here that this snake was previously seen by the home of our family of frogs who live in a drainage area in the yard, but we hadn't seen him since. Of all days to make his grand re-entrance.....so I say just walk closely to the fence and come here. The waterworks continue, the screaming gets louder and about that time Jeter comes running over. Being a puppy he just bounces and runs and is excited, which is super cute by the way, but this particular time he bounced and sat right on the snake!! Rylee starts screaming louder and is frozen in her tracks. The more she screams, the more excited Jeter gets and the more freaked out this rainbow snake gets. At this point I'm feeling pretty helpless. This is all unfolding like a movie. And would require strategic timing of exiting stage left. From here it goes quickly. Jeter is sitting on the snake, Rylee is screaming and Sophia is looking to us all for approval. The snake then freaks out and starts after Rylee, she starts doing some hot coals type dance with her feet and screams louder, Jeter gets more excited, I'm screaming JUST COME HERE, Sophia is still frozen and now crying.....the snake then coils itself on the fence, the girls run away while screaming JETEEEEERRRRRRR, I watch the snake who goes into the neighbors yard (sorry about that G family), and the dog is still bouncing around and wagging his tail. I find the girls standing on the back porch screaming, crying and shaking, the dog is following me and is still oblivious to his snake sit and I have no idea who to console. We go inside, thankful this was not the coral snake we previously found in the yard and I begin to laugh. Probably not that funny, but seriously, it was the most dramatic scene I've seen in a long time. What will happen tomorrow, sheesh, it's only Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment