Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 1 - Introduction

My day started at 1:50, in the a.m. My girls, Rylee and Sophia, plotted together against sleeping. Ordinarily, it's one or the other, but this particular "night" was like no other. Rylee, going on three, although she'll tell you she's already there, wakes to the poor defenseless cry of her counterpart Sophia. Normally she sleeps through a freight train plowing through her room, what gives? She comes out crying that she woke her up. I think it was a ploy to either get some more milk or watch a movie. Nonetheless, back to bed we march. On to the next room, I greet Sophia with a smile half asleep. We feed, all is well, we're all back to sleep. Sleep? Not with the sound of a lawmower laying next to me. I thought allergy shots helped nasal passages and would prevent the bass level of the snore. Apparently not. Ah but I must sleep, so I close my eyes. It's now 3 a.m. The oldest of the two is back up. Will I sleep tonight? By this point I'm sleep walking. Now it's never been done, but I slept in Rylee's room on the trundle. Let it be said that I praise Serta for making such a nice pillow top mattress. Sleep at much as I can with the blaring glow of the must have princess night light for Christmas. As I drift off to sleep, or think I have, I realize she's back to sleep, praise God I'm going to my own bed. I check the time, 4:45. If I can get to sleep now, I'll get a full 3 hours. My eyes close. 5 a.m. the young one now wants more food. I've been deemed the milk factory. 5:20, done and back in Rylee's room. I left the noisy one behind with the snorer, perhaps they can battle it out. The plot thickens. Both girls have somewhat decided that they're going to be up all night and it's now time to wake up. I think they are little masterminds...don't let age fool you. By this time the cat is moaning for what I assume is food, but somewhere in the house is probably sealing the carpet with a new scent of tape infested vomit. The toddler is yelling at the cat to "BE QUIET", the infant has finally fallen asleep, the snoring is, well relentless and I'm still awake. Rylee and I gather our pillows and head to the master suite. If I can't sleep, I'm getting in on this scheme and am now more than willing to join in on the noise making and wake the snorer. 7:45, evil plan didn't work. The infant now wants a paci. I've created a paci nazi. Plugged it in her mouth, back to sleep. Alarm clock, followed by diaper blowout, trailed by "I WANT SOME CEREAL". I've decided to give up, after all, sleep is highly overrated. With a frog in my throat, grease in my hair and a crick in my neck, I drag myself to the coffee maker and start my "day".....wonder what will happen. Stick around. It may be a bumpy ride.


  1. aw, i love the name Rylee (spelled that way too!) That was the name I picked out when I have a girl, its adorable!

    BTW, I'm from the Blog thread on the Nov 08 board

  2. oh sweet jesus. this is going to be my life in about 7 months. lord help me.