Friday, April 5, 2013

Badge of Honor? Malarkey

Recently I've read about having babies, motherhood, womanhood, neighborhood.....ok, not the last one, but I just wanted to say another hood. Anyhoo, I keep reading about a c-section scar and belly and it being some sort of "badge of honor" that I should wear proudly. Ummm, who wrote this bunch of bunk and where does she live? Before you get all offended on me and stop following my blog, let me just say I've put in my time. I have 5 babies. 3 here and 2 in heaven. I was on bedrest for a loooong 10 1/2 weeks with my 2nd, 4 weeks with my 3rd and had a good ole ectopic surgery that I paid my firstborn for in medical bills. And let's not forget all of the other fun stuff that comes along with pregnancy that I endured. So I can gladly say I MUCH prefer a "normal" birth over this c-section crap. I had mine in an emergency. EEEEEEmergency I say. I would never have done that willingly. Surely those stories about celebrities electing to do them are like a sasquatch.....non-existent. The cut is low, I give you that, but I'm about sick of the dunlop. You know, "my muffin top dunlops over my jeans". My expensive ass jeans that I worked so hard after baby numero dos to finally go out and purchase. And don't even get me started on my "skinny" jeans. And by that I don't mean the jeggings, I mean the ones you have to be in tip top shape to wear. Again, ones I waited to buy until I was SURE I was done having babies and in shape to buy. Joke's on me huh....God said "And let there be another baby (or two) muahahahahahaha!" Serves me right for spending an absurd amount of money on jeans. Wait, why am I even talking about jeans, it's friggin' April 5th. In Texas. I should be in flops and tanks. Oh but not today. Today was a brisk 30's. Which leads me, finally (I know know I'm rambling) into the point of my story. This kangaroo pouch. Someone, in the name of skinny jeans, please tell me my hard work will pay off and this gut will go away and I won't have to be one of those women who call this thing a badge of honor. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I was able to have these babes and I wouldn't trade them for the world, but I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. Wait, I can't afford cake on my caloric intake. So, I'd like to have my raw veggies and eat them too. Babies AND a flat stomach again. It will happen. I must.......this bootcamp at 5:30am and these 4 mile runs cannot be in vain. It's hard freakin' work people. Stay tuned. We shall see. I took a picture of myself in my swimsuit in January when I started hitting the pavement hard again....no, it wasn't pretty and thankfully, nobody was around, but I did it because it keeps me going. Living in Texas I spend way too much time at the pool, and as our trainer says, you gotta look good walkin' away......so to you, lady who called this gut a badge of honor, I kindly say, not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment